Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

This recipe is so tasty and so easy! I don't really measure when I cook this so I will give you estimates for the ingredients. Make sure you taste it as you go.

1 lb linguine
1 lb cooked frozen shrimp (defrosted)
1/4 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic (minced) I use the minced garlic you can keep in the fridge
Juice of 1-2 lemons
1/2 cup white wine
4 Tablespoons butter
Fresh chopped parsley

Boil water for pasta. While pasta cooks saute garlic in olive oil on medium-high heat, make sure the garlic doesn't get brown and burn. Add in wine and reduce down, about 5 min. Add in juice from the lemons. Depending on how lemony you like this dish use 1-2 lemons. I usually use 1 1/2 lemons. Add in salt and pepper and butter, stir while letting butter melt. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes and add shrimp at the very end to warm. Drain pasta and add pasta to sauce. Toss with fresh parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment