Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Caprese Grilled Pizza

In the summer my husband and I love to grill pizza, my last post which was from October of 2012 ( I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a year!) I grilled BLT pizza, this is another great summer recipe.  We actually grill pizza almost all year round, it's a great alternative to baking it and it gives it almost a brick-oven taste.

4-5 thin sliced chicken breasts
Fresh mozzarella
Sliced tomatoes 1-2
Roasted red peppers- I use jarred
Fresh basil to use as garnish

For Balsamic Reduction
Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar


First I grill the chicken and cut into small cubes. While the chicken is cooking fill a small saucepan with 1/2-1 cup balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.  Reduce vinegar mixture until it has a syrup consistency, careful not to burn it.  Next, I cut my dough into fourths and stretch them out.  Spread a little olive oil on side and place it oil side down on your grill.  When the bottom is nice and crispy flip your dough.  Then, spread your mozzarella cheese on the face up side of the dough.  Close the grill and let it melt, the fresh mozzarella is a little more watery than the shredded mozzarella.  Once the cheese is melted add the chicken, tomatoes, red peppers and basil.  Drizzle the pizza with the balsamic reduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment