Tuesday, February 7, 2012

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas

This was sooo yummy!  I love the combination of sweet pineapple in a savory dish.  At one of my favorite restaurants there is a dish with shrimp and pineapple and it is delish!  I think that inspired this dish as I was thinking about what I could make that would be quick, but different.  I sometimes get a little bored with the same dishes over and over.  After making these I thought of some other variations, like shrimp, or mango.  YUM!

1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
2-3 Tbsp barbeque sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/2 Fresh Pineapple cut into long strips (I am sure you could use canned but if you use canned I would use the rings)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack, but you can use the Mexican blend they sell)
Tortillas

*optional add-ins: scallions, jalapeno


Coat chicken in BBQ sauce.  You can either grill your chicken or bake it. (I baked mine.)  While chicken is cooking, cut up your pineapple.  Grill pineapple to get nice brown grill marks.  Then cut pineapple into small chunks.  Once chicken is cooked, cut it into small pieces.  Get grill pan nice and hot and place a tortilla on pan, layer cheese, pineapple, chicken and a drizzle of BBQ sauce and top with a little more cheese and top tortilla.  Once the bottom is browned and cheese has melted, flip and grill other side.  When both sides are done, cut and enjoy!  You can top with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.

2 comments:

  1. Tried this with mozzarella instead of cheddar and it was yummy! Going to add red onion next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! I am going to try your suggestions next time too.

      Delete