Saturday, March 12, 2011

Corned Beef and Cabbage

I LOVE corned beef and cabbage, but I only make it for St. Patrick's Day. Same with my Irish Soda Bread, which I will share my recipe for. I make my corned beef and cabbage in a slow cooker but I am sure on the stovetop with a dutch oven will work as well.

6- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
1 corned beef brisket, about 3 pounds
1 cabbage, about 2 pounds
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups water

Lightly spray 5-6 quart crockpot; layer potato slices over bottom of pot with carrots. Place corned beef on vegetables. Slice cabbage into 8 wedges and arrange the cabbage around the meat. Sprinkle with the pepper and add water. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for about 3. When done remove meat and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment