Saturday, March 12, 2011

Irish Soda Bread

I could eat an entire Irish Soda Bread on my own, it is that good! Mine happens to be moist and I really like it that way but I know some people prefer it to be dry.

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter (softened; I put mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds to get it soft)
1 cup raisins
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
caraway seeds (about a tablespoon)

Mix dry ingredients and work in soft butter to a crumb mix, add in the raisins. Beat eggs in a small bowl until light and add the eggs and buttermilk to the flour. Once all the ingredients are well mixed add in caraway seeds and mix in. Grease a cast iron skillet and bake at 375 for about 40-45 minutes until nicely brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment