Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Menu for the Week 4/3

I thought it would be a good idea to share my menu for the week and how I plan my meals.   On Saturday or Sunday I sit down with my husband to plan our meals for the week.  As much as I try and stick with my menu plan sometimes throughout the week I end up changing meals around or changing it completely.  Last week I had planned to make my chicken with stewed tomatoes and peppers but I forgot the stewed tomatoes and never made it to the store so instead I made chicken with lemon and wine sauce and added in some spinach because I had it in the freezer and I wanted to add some more nutrition.  So, as much as I plan, I also know that things don't always go according to plan.

So here is my menu for the week:
Sunday- Bacon Cheeseburgers with Onion Straws and Baked Sweet Potatoes
Monday- Beef Stir Fry with Snow Peas over Rice Noodles
Tuesday- Rigatoni with Mushrooms, Chicken, and Wine Sauce
Wednesday- Greek Chicken over Salad
Thursday- Bacon and Egg Toast Cups  (from Annie's Eats)

I usually don't plan for Friday night or Saturday because my husband and I will order in or just make do with what is in the house, this way we don't have to throw out ingredients we didn't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment