Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

Since the weather is getting warmer I like to change up my cooking to lighter meals.  Plus, bathing suit season is almost upon us.  Tonight, at my husband's suggestion, I made fish tacos and decided to make a mango salsa to top it since I LOVE mango salsa.

For the Fish:
Any mild fish filets you like- I used flounder
tortillas
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes worth)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano

Marinate fish filets in the marinade.  I only marinated mine for about 5-10 minutes.  Then create foil packets and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.  Top with whatever fixings you like.

For the Mango Salsa:
1 Mango- chopped
1/2 large tomato- chopped
1/4 red onion- chopped
handful cilantro- chopped
dash of cumin
dash of salt

In a medium bowl, add all chopped ingredients and sprinkle with cumin and salt.  You can add as much or as little cumin and salt as you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment