Friday, April 27, 2012

Stuffed Peppers

As you may already know, I try and make meals that don't have too much prep or take too much time. After coming home from work and picking up the kids, I usually only have about 30 minutes or so to get dinner on the table while I have a two year old hanging off my leg and a four year old making demands I play with him.  So I have created my own shortcuts when I can.  For this recipe I use jarred sauce and also microwavable rice.  I absolutely LOVE having this rice in my freezer for nights when I just don't have much time and it comes out so nice and fluffy.

Ingredients:
4 small-medium green bell peppers
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey (I usually use turkey)
1 jar sauce (any type you like)
1 cup cooked rice
parmasean cheese for sprinkling

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.  Cook rice, you can do this in the microwave or use leftover rice that you have on hand.  Cook ground meat in a skillet and drain off the fat.  Mix in the cooked rice and jar of sauce.  Cut the tops off the peppers and take out the membranes and seeds.  Put peppers in an oven-safe casserole dish and fill with the meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 375 until brown and the peppers are soft, about 30-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment